Monday, September 8, 2008

First Blog

So i've pretty much decided that i love public school. i have been to an all girl's catholic school since the 6th grade and feel as if i did not really have a real high school experience. first, there were no boys, second, we had to ask our OWN date to prom, and third, there were no football games. now that i'm at maryland, i feel so happy that i can meet different groups of people (including guys haa). i have the oppurtunity to mingle with diverse people and be exposed to various activities that i could not be part of in high school. although maryland is a huge change from what i'm used to, (considering that i only had about 15 girls in each of my classes last year), i am having the time of my life. i feel that my high school definetly prepared me for the work that needs to be done in college and believe that i will gain a great education thanks to this institution. 

along with the whole, me being happy about the school, i am also feeling great about my dorm. although the walls feel like a prison because they are only cinderblock, my roomie (who happens to be my best friend since i was two) and i have found to decorate our room in a way that feels like home. it's kind of a bummer that our tv has only one channel though, and that channel can be used for good old nintendo 64. so if anyone knows how to fix tvs or wants to simply play a game of mariokart, you are more than welcome to haha. 

i havea good amount of reading to do today, blahh. so i guess i'll write in this later? haa thanks for reading my first blog. its kind of awkward, but its something!

No comments: