Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Laundry

So i'm assuming all of you know how to do your laundry. And i'm going to be completely honest...i still don't know how to do it. you see, i was born in chile, and ever since i was little, i had a "nanny" (aka a babysitter who was also our housekeeper) and she ended up moving with us when we came to america. anywho, my nanny, who is pretty much my second mother, has always done my laundry. no, i am not spoiled, but everytime i had something dirty back at home, she would beat me to it and wash it immediately.

when i told my nanny i was going to maryland, she was excited, and told me that over the summer, she was going to teach me to wash my clothes. so, summer passed by, and i procrastinated...she continued washing my dirty clothes. soon, it was the day before move-in, and i still didnt know how to do laundry.
a week after move-in day, i found myself to be in trouble. i had sweaty clothes from the gym and clothes that i wore to class that needed to be washed. what to do? well, my roomie didnt know how to do laundry, and my neighbors didnt either. so pretty much i was screwed.
so what did i do? i called home. my mom came to the rescue. on the second saturday after move in day, she came to pick me up and take me home so i could do laundry. i got home, and once again, my nanny beat me to the laundry. 

when i got back to my dorm, she later called me and told me that the reason she didnt teach me was so that i'd have to go home and visit more often :)

1 comment:

ae42 said...

well if you have detergent and fabric softener (the latter isnt necessary) you fill the measuring cup to about 1/4 full (unless you have the 2x strong stuff then its 1/8 full ... or if its that 3x strong you want to use like the bottom of the cup) btw the measuring cup is the lid. put that in the little dispenser and fabric softener is like 1/8th cup. load the washer with everything, as long as you set it to normal fabrics and cold wash you should be able to put anything in to get washed in one load (except 'delicates') put coins in and you're good to go.